The Granary was built of limestone in C 1850. This being a two storey building was typical of larger farms. Its function was to house working horses on the farm and store animal food/grain – hence the name “The Granary”.
The grain was stored in the loft – now the main bedroom which was funnelled down a trap through the ceiling – now the sitting room, where it was rolled to make it more digestible for animals.
The open plan area housed working horses and ponies. Ventilation for these livestock came through the slit windows.
The wide arched open entrance – currently the front door allowed access for the carts and machinery.
This home is a characterful old building sympathetically restored to a truly excellent standard … a beautiful fusion of old and new.
Special features include sash windows with shutters, old sleeper wrapped with filament light bulbs and oak wooden floor board throughout.
Facilities and Amenities:
Luxury Self-Catering Farm House accommodation.
Open plan kitchen and dining area. Utility room with WC.
Downstairs shower and wash hand basin.
Large sitting room with patio seating.
2 large smart TVs.
Mezzanine – study area with workstation.
2 bedrooms with large ensuites each.
Main bedroom superking bed (6 ft) with balcony.
Second bedroom superking bed (6ft) can be split into 2 single beds.