Dominican Abbey Lorrha
Walter de Burgo, the Earl of Ulster and a Norman landowner, invited the Dominicans to his estate in Lorrha, Co Tipperary in 1269. The site, which is about 30 minutes northwest of Roscrea, includes the remains of three churches, two high crosses and a moat. There are lancet windows in the north and south walls and fragments of a five-light window toward the east. Additionally, the site features several notable tombs including those of the MacEgans, Brehons, Lawyers and Kennedys.