This forest near Dundrum, South Tipperary, contains an extensive forest road network giving the visitor plenty of scope for walking.
The area is called Bishop’s Wood because at one stage it was designated church property. The Earl of Montalt owned the estate until 1905 and the remains of the gamekeeper’s lodge still stands in the woods. It is now a National Boy Scout Centre. Trail information and map. https://www.coillte.ie/site/bishops-wood/