When visiting Tipperary, why not avail of a guided tour with some of our knowledgeable tour guides available in the area. The tour guides will be able to provide great insight into the the many towns and historical sites we have on offer in County Tipperary. Check out the list of guides available below.
Tom Nelligan – Roscrea
- firstname.lastname@example.org / 086 – 8292802.
- Available Weekdays and Saturdays.
- Price is €20 per person with discounts available for family and groups.
- Tours of the town, round tower, church, castle and Damer house as well as the Franciscan friary.
Katie Lowe – Thurles
- email@example.com / 087 9456738.
- Best to contact directly but very flexible on availability.
Tommy Kennedy – Thurles/ Holycross Abbey
- firstname.lastname@example.org/ 087 6905023
- Price is €5 per person
- Does tours out of Lar Na Pairce in Thurles also.
Séamus Duggan – Thurles
- Price is €10 per person per hour and has reducing costs for larger groups.
- Book by appointment but is generally available anytime that suits the client.
- Guiding all aspects of Tipperary,Ireland’s Ancient East and beyond including natural habitats. Beidh fáilte ar leith roimh ghnó trí Ghaeilge.
Margaret O’Malley Brown – Magoury, Drangan, Thurles
- email@example.com/ 052 916 8557/ 087 3899601
- Price is depends on Tour required. (Can also do larger tours given when giving notice.).
- Available anytime from 8am. – 8 pm – 7 days /week (negotiable)
- Very flexible with regard to hours. Especially interested in Walking Tours, Art And Culture Tours( e.g. Gallery visits, Craft events etc – as I am a qualified Artist), Speciality Food Tours, Music Tours. As well as, and including : the usual tours of any Co. Tipperary Heritage sites e.g. Rock of Cashel, Cahir Castle etc. Also visits to Cork/ West Cork
John Cash – Walking tours of Cashel, St. Declan’s way , Athassel priory Golden and more
- firstname.lastname@example.org/ 085 1372068
- Price of €20 per hour for a couple. Family and group rates also available.
- John is a photographer and tour guide who has a wonderful knowledge of the history of his native Tipperary. He is a published historian but is also well known for his photography tours. Please contact John for availability or further information.
James Heenan – Lorrha Monastic Village
- email@example.com/ 087 2031798
- Price of €7 per person
- Available during the Summer Season (May to September) Wednesday evenings 7.30pm. Other times and October to April by appointment.
- All groups catered for from schools, colleges, active retirement, historic, visitors and tourists. Tour can be tailored for specific needs and workshops can be included for groups. Tour incorporates archaeology, history, folklore and legends through an entertaining and educational story-telling manner. Packages can be arranged to include other sites and lunch/dinner/refreshments.
David Broderick – Lorrha/North Tipperary
- Findingogle@gmail.com/ 086 3308172
- Price is dependent on group size
- Very flexible with availability
- The Lackeen Castle tour which brings to life the story of the O’Kennedy Clan, the Stowe Missal, Lackeen’s wall art, battles, curses and ghosts.
‚The American Wake‘ tour which is tailored to suit each individual group. This tour tells the heartbreaking stories of the famine, the dreaded workhouse and the plight of the thousands who fled this county in search of a better life.
Kevin Whelan – Nenagh Castle and Nenagh Walking Tours
- firstname.lastname@example.org/ 086 1247945
- Cost… €8 adult. €5 student/OAP/unwaged. U12 free.
- Tours start at 7pm in Banba square, Nenagh. Special requests and times can be catered for.
- Relax and enjoy a historical walking tour of Nenagh as your guide Kevin brings to life the town’s unique history and reveals it’s characters, wars , cultural and sporting events which make Nenagh a wonderful town.
- Tour takes 1hr 30 mins approx.Visit Nenagh Castle and experience the wonderful views of North Tipperary from the viewing deck on top of the magnificent tower. Built in the year 1200 and owned by the Butlers of Ormond this 30m Keep is a sight to behold. Free guided tours on request and climb the 101 steps with 4 floors that has information on them. No fee to enter and you can avail of the beautiful castle gardens after to rest and relax. Opening times… 10am to 1pm..then 2pm to 4 pm. Tuesdays to Saturday’s. All year round.
John Connors – War Of Independence Tours
- email@example.com / 086 2752634 / 0504 60604
- Open from Monday – Friday from 9:00am – 9:00pm – www.woitourstipp.com
- Providing Walkers, Tourists and Visitors to Tipperary a great opportunity to understand at first hand the history of the War of Independence in Tipperary. Offering superb tours of Tipperary’s unique War of Independence sites.