Operational guidelines for the tourism industry to ensure the safe re-opening of tourism businesses on June 29th.
As you may know, Fáilte Ireland has been working closely with key industry bodies to develop a joint set of detailed operational guidelines to prepare tourism and hospitality businesses to reopen safely. These sector specific guidelines offer detailed advice on the systems that should be implemented to help instil public confidence and reboot business, while adhering to public health advice and Government protocols.
The National Tourism Development Authority developed the guidelines in collaboration with industry bodies; the Irish Hotels Federation (IHF), the Irish Self Catering Federation (ISCF), the Irish Caravan and Camping Council, the Association of Visitor Experiences (AVEA), Ireland’s Association of Adventure Tourism (IAAT) and B&B Ireland. Relevant Government departments including the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport and the Department of Health, State agencies including the Health Service Executive (HSE), wider Government and the Labour Employer Economic Forum (LEEF) were also consulted in the drafting of these operational guidelines.
The guidelines provide detailed advice on the necessary systems to be implemented in order to instil public confidence and reboot business while adhering to public health advice and Government protocols.
The guidelines are live on Fáilte Ireland’s dedicated COVID-19 Business Support Hub on www.failteireland.ie or see this link to the guidelines
- Download an overview of guidelines for re-opening for all sectors [pdf, 5mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening hotels and guesthouses [pdf, 8.7mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening B&Bs and historic houses [pdf, 5.6mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening self catering [pdf, 5.6mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening restaurants and cafes [pdf, 4.8mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening caravan and camping parks [pdf, 5.4mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening visitor attractions [pdf, 5.7mb]
- Download the guidelines for re-opening activity providers [pdf, 6.1mb]
The guidelines will be regularly updated in line with Government public health advice as and when this advice evolves. This includes any further guidance that is given following work by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre & National Public Health Emergency Team on the application of the existing social distancing requirements in specific, defined and controlled environments in the hospitality industry during periods of low incidence of the disease.