Hillview Sports Club Pitch And Putt

Hillview was originally a tennis club. The club commenced its activities in 1939.

Hillview Sports Club Pitch And Putt

Hillview was originally a tennis club. The club commenced its activities in 1939. At the time, there were 6 lawn courts in use.
In 1955, PJ Bell designed the original 9 hole pitch & Putt course.
In 1973, the old timber pavilion was demolished and was replaced in 1974, by a new clubhouse, badminton hall and bar.

The opening of the new clubhouse coincided with a name change from Hillview Lawn Tennis and Pitch & Putt Club to Hillview (Clonmel) Sports Club.
In 1978, the Pitch & Putt course was extended to include " The Bog " at the south end of the course. This area had lain fallow for many years.

The chief architect of the new course was Nial O Neill who, with the support of many local volunteers, set about designing and building the extra holes, some of which are used today in the championship course.
A second badminton hall was added in the early 1980's. A major extension to the club house was completed in 1992.
The new extension incorporated new dressing rooms, kitchen and bar. By 2000, all 6 tennis courts had been changed to savannah.

Location: 
Address: 
Mountain Road
Clonmel
Tipperary
Phone: 
+353 (52) 6121805
Category: